Monday, June 22, 2009

And Another Thing: A Change Would Do Me Good

Why I'm looking for a new ward:
*Because I've got the (not undeserved) reputation for being mean.
*Because "Perfect Spencer" told people to come to his campfire instead of my house and smirked when he told me, "Oh, of course you're invited Rachel."
*Because when we played "What if" there were nice little comments like, "What if Rachel weren't bossy" and "Then this game would actually be fun" and even though I pretended to laugh, I went into the bathroom and cried, and counted as far as I could in Polish to take my mind off of it.
*Because even though I try pretty hard, there's still the "I Hate Rachel" Club, and I'm tired.

Why I'm thinking of taking myself out of social networking:
*Because you know when people delete you or your postings, and it makes you sad.
*Because there are some people who only add you so they can get something from you-- like one of your friends or your expendable adoration.
*Because even though you are a social exhibitionist, it's rough leading the life of a public figure sometimes.

Why I need a personality overhaul even more than a new body:
*Because I alienate people without meaning to.
*Because I lost a friend I never had, and it makes me really sad.
*Because I've turned into a mean person, and people think I think I'm too good for everyone else.
*Because I spent last night alone, and really needed some comfort I didn't know how to get.

Why it's tempting to throw it all away and lead the life of a Gypsy:
*Because I don't know how to maintain long-term relationships.
*Because I could be anonymous.
*Because I don't have any stability anyway.

3 Comments:

At June 22, 2009 at 12:25 PM , Blogger Sokphal said...

YOu are NOT a mean person! And you aren't bossy either. I don't think you ever bossed me around...not even when we were in Spain. Plus...you are good at long distance relationships...we've been besties for how long now?

 
At June 22, 2009 at 2:04 PM , Blogger Amy said...

Oh Rachel, this made me sad. People can be so mean. You are amazing. Don't let stupid people define who you are or what you do.

 
At June 22, 2009 at 5:41 PM , Blogger Grant said...

Hmm. Rough day it sounds like.

A new ward is always a good thing for a YSA, though. Could be fun to drop some baggage.

I wouldn't stress the social networking or personality profile, though. You do pretty well in those departments. And don't delete me on facebook. I'll be sad. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home