Friday, August 28, 2009

St. Rachel-- Our Lady of Perpetual Energy

Obviously, I mean no disrespect to my friends who venerate real saints, but this is who I'd like to be known as if I'm ever canonized. Of course, I think that would require me performing some sort of recognized miracle, and while I get a lot done these days, I'm no miracle worker. If I were, I'd first fix things for my friend-- she's been sad for a few months. You know who you are-- I can't really intercede, but I am praying for you.
Next, I'd make it so I could eat popcorn and black olives again. These are two of my favorite things in the world, and both make me a little sick. In extreme moderation, I do ok, but a popcorn miracle would be welcome.
Also, were I a saint in the traditional sense, maybe I'd be more concerned with healing the world than my sad, sad social life. I'm having a bit of a time kicking some of these guys to the curb. I'm trying to be a little more ruthless-- took a bunch of fellas out of the phone the other day, including but not limited to a) the guy who expects me to bend over backwards helping him, but won't acknowledge me in public, b) the guy who promises to do things with me but never does, c) the bloke who promises to do things FOR me but never follows through and d) one who manages to do all of the above. But if I were a real saint, I'd be more forgiving. Don't get me wrong. I forgive. I hold no malice. I just don't want them calling me anymore, and I certainly don't want to be tempted to call them.
Hmmm... I don't really know what else. I'm rambling. It's the weekend. I have furniture to refurbish and projects to complete. It's not such a big deal that my only plans are to hang out with my mom and sister on Saturday. I like them. I love them. We will have fun.
And now, because my writing level is at about 8th grade today, I'll stop.

2 Comments:

At August 28, 2009 at 10:15 AM , Blogger Lou said...

Maybe you don't have much for plans this weekend, but next weekend is the Third-Annual Labor Day Zoo Extravaganza. I hope there is a good flick in the dollar.

 
At August 28, 2009 at 1:26 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

Amen, Sista. Year One is playing right now... maybe it'll hold on for another week.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home