Wednesday, August 19, 2009

On My Mind

Good things in my life:
* My niece being super affectionate today. She's told me she loves me multiple times and has been (mostly) well-behaved. We're sharing a Diet Coke with Lime right now (though she really prefers my mom's Diet Dr. Pepper) and watching "The Barefoot Contessa."
* My awesome brother is helping me out with my mailbox woes. I'm supposed to get the thing tonight, which is pretty good. I guess on the whole, being without one for three days isn't too bad, and there's really no complaining when you've got someone else picking it up, welding a post, and setting it in concrete for ya, right?
* I'm finally zooming along with projects for the Boho Boutique. Worked on some Halloween votives today. This evening, I'll finish off the gift boxes. Tomorrow I hope to finish assembling the ghosts and their tree display, and over the weekend I want to take care of all the Mucha pictures.
* The Luna Mansion is back in business. Hooray for Los Lunas!

Things for me to ponder at the moment:
* Should we (meaning Mumsy and I) get the 50s diner chairs we saw for sale? Very cute, but I don't think we need them. One lady jumped out of her car and got to the four-piece wicker set (which we really would have needed and used) literally 30 seconds before we did. Oh well. Also, there was a great red couch for $150. I certainly don't need it, and I'm a little disappointed Pam didn't wait a week (only because it's exactly what she originally wanted, though I'm in love with Pammie's new blue couch, which was also a steal... and new) but I'm trying to find it a home. I think it would be a vast improvement over the burnt-orange couch Jeff got for free, but he just doesn't care about furniture. I guess I should just be glad there's something to sit on when I go to his house. I did text him a picture of the $110 table and four-chair set. Sometimes it's so awful to not need furniture! I wish my funds were a little more fluid-- I'd get this stuff for the people who need it, or store it until someone did.
* Trying to decide what color to paint the bed Sylvia brought me this weekend. Black would be good if I thought I were going to keep it and put it in my guest room. It's beautiful. But I think it would have so much more personality in green or pink or ooh! Coral?!?! But because it's gonna be for re-sale, I'm not sure everyone else would love coral the way I do. Good thing I'm a few projects away from that. I'd really like to finish my chairs before tackling the bed, but we'll see. The bed is a one-day project, and the chairs would take me about 3.
* Figuring out just how to spend my weekend. There are several things that HAVE to get done-- like getting the front door fixed and finishing the yard work (come back, Myka! You're almost done!). But which concert do I go to? To dance or not to dance? Usually, that's easy-- dance, for sure! But these boys just drive me crazy. Blech. There are a couple I hang out with who won't even let me finish a single thought, and I don't like having Scrambled Brain. And Saturday's T's b-day, and I need to finish up the little gift thing I'd thought up. And there are about six movies I'd like to go see. No time, and no money. That simplifies things a bit. I guess it's just nice that I have so many choices.

What I'm Listening to at the Moment (Because B.C. is over)
* John Mellencamp's "Authority Song"
* She and Him cover of "Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want"
* Bob Dylan-- "Highway 61 Revisited"
* The insurance adjuster asking me questions about all my stolen jewelry

What I Wish I were Doing at this Moment:
* Getting a haircut, because I'm starting to look like Shaggy from "Scooby Doo"
* Planning a trip somewhere
* Having my eyebrows threaded again
* Looking over my Savings Account and discovering I weren't so poor, or
* Earning the Kissing Kitty

Things I'll Do Tonight:
* Help Brother with my mailbox
* Try to fix my hair to disguise the shagginess
* Go to Hobby Lobby (I hope, I hope!) to pick up the supplies I need for my Alice Table
* Hit the Enrichment Meeting for Girl Bonding
* Finally try out the "Fit to Strip" Carmen Electra workout video

And that, my friends, represents just a few minutes of scattered brain waves. Sometimes, I seem to be very distracted or like I'm concentrating very hard. I'll often catch myself staring at someone without really seeing them. It's usually the tangential to-do list ever scrolling like ticker-tape across my mental stage. I'm weighing this option next to that, I'm sweeping out the dusty corners. If it seems like I'm not 100 percent with you, I promise it's not personal. I'm just likely trying to figure out how to squeeze in another ten minutes of transcribing family history or wondering who I'll invite to the next dinner party.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home