Saturday, October 1, 2011

Did you know...?

You probably know that I sometimes bind books. But did you know I once hooked a rug (which I'd also designed)? It wasn't too nice, unless you're into burgundy and peridot shag (which I actually am), so it never made it on display, but I did it.

Did you know that I've been a longtime devotee of 1 percent milk but recently made the switch to skim? I never thought I'd say it, but I'm a big fan. It started out just on my Special K, but I find a whole glass refreshing. Maybe I'll become a regular milk drinker at last. Or even a regular cereal eater. The times, they are a-changin'.

Have I told you about my secret love of Lifetime, Television for Women? I blame my college roommate, Vanessa. We spent many Saturday mornings watching Lifetime Original Movies. Nessa actually would watch about three or four every Saturday and tell me about them and I'd be jealous that that productivity bug had gotten ahold of me after one and a half. Netflix + Lifetime Series "Drop Dead Diva"= happy Rachel, even though the show isn't that great.

Are you surprised I cried during LDS General Conference today? Maybe you're not. I was pretty warm and fuzzy during the temple announcements-- the Provo Tabernacle hit really close to home-- but I positively wept during the obligatory "if you are a righteous woman who hasn't had the opportunity to have children because you haven't found an eternal companion" caveat. It was tricky when I realized they were talking about me a few years ago, but after a talk with some church leaders recently, it felt very real. I was glad no one was around to see my face contort into Sloth's from the Goonies.

And when did you figure out that I'm a huge poser and not a morning person at all? I mean, I've conditioned myself to be, or at least I WAS conditioned. Early morning seminary will do that to a person. But life at the BYU destroyed that, and now even though I like to go to bed early, I also like to sleep late. And by late, I mean 7:30.

Sometimes I stay up late and laugh in my bed about really dumb things. I'd tell you some of them, but I'm not in my bed so they're not coming to me. It'll happen just as I'm drifting off to sleep, jarring me awake so I can start the whole settling down process again.

Do you feel like you know me a little better now? I do, because this morning, I'm not sure I could have told you any of this. I didn't really know. Except maybe about Lifetime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home