Friday, October 28, 2011

Not-So-Breaking News

Don't be mad! This time the absence was totally legit! I was out of town, and even though I don't think any of you readers are thugs looking to break into my cute little house, I make it a point to not announce to all of cyberspace when I'm going to be away from home for several days at a time. See? My excuses are getting better.

Quick run-down as a break for me from the veritable mountain of paperwork I've been digging out of since returning home (you'd think I'd been gone three weeks instead of three work days!):

* Cut the hair again. This time was just a 9" donation to Pantene Beautiful Lengths. Thought I'd spread the hair love around. Also, even though I probably could've gone shorter, Ashley wanted to have something to work with. Long story short: long hair short. Er. Shorter. I like it enough. It's just hair.

* Had an EXCELLENT vacay visiting the bestie, otherwise known as Sokphal. LOVE HER! Great, great times. Highlights: meeting her boyfriend, who I completely love and approve of; pumpkin carving party with her excellent adventure friends (Machu Picchu and Kilimanjaro trips) and my dear friend Eric; Eastern Market-- a tenth the size of Portobello Road but still quite charming; my first experience with Thai; seeing Heather and Bobbie, girls from my days in Poland; buying cupcakes from a truck; pedicures; the Mall of Heaven (Tyson's Corners); finding out that Virginia really IS for lovers, etc., etc. Amazing vacation. Thanks, Phal. You are the bomb!

* Finally, gearing up for Halloween weekend. This year's costume, if you haven't heard, was inspired by Flight of the Conchords "Most Beautiful Girl in the Room." I'm going to be "an air hostess in the 60s." It's important for people to know the origin, just because I don't want folks to think I'm jumping on the Pan-Am bandwagon (how could I without a TV?). Ready to dance tonight!

1 Comments:

At October 28, 2011 at 12:45 PM , Blogger Sokphal said...

Dear Bestie! Agggh! It was SO good to have you here to myself, albeit for a few days! Too short! I am happy that I have your blessing! Vegas Wedding Chapel, here we come! :D I hope that I've gotten you hooked on Thai and cupcakes! Come back soon, okay? Virginia (and I) misses you! Take pics of your outfit! I changed my costume idea...to be continued. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home