Monday, January 29, 2007

And so it is just like you said it would be

My friends and I know this really odd (but nice) family. One day, the father and mother started consulting about who the father should marry if the mother were to die (so far as I know, she remains in excellent health). They agreed on a nice, intelligent single woman we all know well. Creepy? A little. I think they thought they were just being practical, not to mention charitable to this poor, single soul.
I'm afraid it won't be long before I make it on somebody's list like that. I received a "promise ring" made out of Kleenex tonight from my 19-year-old fake boyfriend. It was touching. Psych. No, I shouldn't complain, even though he keeps pointing out that I'm "almost 30." Since when is 25 almost 30, anyway?
I'm having a hard time coming off of this sabbatical. I finally feel like I'm ready to get back in the game, but I have a sneaking suspicion that two of the guys I'm most interested are interested in someone else... namely one another. Ah. What can you do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home