Monday, January 1, 2007

This year I'm getting married and having a daughter named Jemima

I did it. I finally got out of the house. It was to go to Wal-Mart, but it was wonderful. Being cooped up just isn't good for a person.
Actually, I went out to a couple parties last night but I wouldn't call it a banner New Year's Eve. Oh, how I long for the days of my youth, when each year I'd go to the church dance and float around for the first two weeks in January because Grant Farnsworth had kissed me on the cheek (one year he got brave and I think he was going for the lips, but he only got about half my mouth). Last night, I got tired and worried and was home at about five minutes to midnight, so I got to see RYAN SEACREST kiss Christina Aguilera (sp?) on the cheek. Not quite the same thing, but there you go. I guess I could have kissed Billy, this kid who used to jones for my little sis, but being the fiercely independent woman I am, I figured it was much better to not start 2007 with an act of desperation. (No offense to Billy Bones, of course).
Of course, there is something else I'm a little worried about. My sweet little dog, Molly, bit me on the foot today. Twice, actually. Once on each foot. I hope it isn't an omen.
No, seriously, I'm approaching this year with the same naive enthusiasm of every January 1. I love it. I don't necessarily have a big list of "resolutions" but I'm working on the same goals as ever. And I like that added burst of energy we get in working towards important things right about now. I'm ready to accomplish the big stuff. And I hope you all are, and do, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home