Thursday, December 28, 2006

My gift is my song

OK, ok. For all you who have begged and pleaded, I've got a couple pictures of the house posted. Sorry to not stick them right here, but html codes are a little hard to come by when you are dealing with the world's slowest dial-up connection. I'm just too impatient.
Anyway, I'm pleased to tell you my voice is coming back. Those who know me well can imagine what a hardship it has been to not be able to talk for the last 72 hours. And not just because I like to hear myself (which, I'll admit, I do). It's been tough trying to help customers and only having a whisper come out. And though I'm just beginning to mend, you can bet I'm not being sensible and staying home, like a good little girl. No, tonight I'm hanging out with some friends at an outdoor event (brrr.... snow expected) and planning on dancing tomorrow night. I'll likely pay for it later, but you can't keep me down. I don't think I'm contagious, so that's something. I'm hoping that if I run into one of those men who's turned my head lately, that he'll just think I'm a super-good listener and be contented to talk all about himself. I'm sure this will be a win-win. I'll learn more about the object of my latest obsession and preserve my voice (scratchy as it may be) and he'll certainly think I'm the most engaging, interesting person. Haha! This may be the first day since Sunday I've felt well enough to put on clothes and makeup, but my brain doesn't turn off, even when slowed by the Nyquil.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home