Thursday, April 3, 2008

I'm back! And I'm on fire!

So, as many of you know, I'm recently switched over to rachelsego.blogspot.com and it's a bit of a scary change. I really do feel some residual myspace guilt. But we'll see... I imagine it'll dissipate soon enough.

Anyway, transferring old blogs was really an eye-opener of me. First, I can't believe how much I've written over the past couple of years. I guess seeing the volume alone (I can't attest for the quality at this stage) makes me realize that I've got it in me to actually write that novel. Sometimes there's that age-old worry that you'll not have anything worthy to say, or that you've never had an original thought. Somewhere in those previous 167 posts, there's surely SOMETHING that isn't completely useless, right? And besides, maybe I'll follow in the footsteps of Ray Bradbury (not that he's one of my major literary heroes, but still)-- he said (paraphrased of course) that if you pump yourself full of every bit of literature you can get ahold of, surely something will eventually pour out of you (wow, did I butcher that! But the sentiment is the same). And I think it might be taking hold because I had a nice little brainstorm this morning in the bathtub... that's where I get my best ideas.

OK, what else? I've been busy, busy, busy. I'm not sure that's necessarily interesting to anyone, but I'm always happy when I'm productive. I think I'm a little sleepy, though, as well. I'm hoping there will be enough time this weekend (between all the other things I already have planned or am obligated to do/attend) to do some deep spring cleaning. I need to change out light bulbs and spread some more gravel. I want to get rid of some old clothes and stuff I don't need. In a perfect world, I'd have time to wipe down all the baseboards, but let's get real. If I get the place mopped, I'll feel good. I've been in my house for a year already, and it's amazing how stuff and dust will accumulate if you're not vigilant.

But on to other things... which means I need to get back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home