Friday, February 1, 2008

Right here, right now

Here are a few things running through my mind--
1) The thing making me the happiest right now is a result of a friend's phone call the other night. We were catching up on one another's lives, and he said, "Rachel, I'm glad to see you're still taking the road less traveled." It was great. Mostly because this guy has always been an outstanding example to me-- he's leading an extraordinary life. Every time I think about how our chance meeting in college changed my life forever-- in the huge ways-- I'm grateful.
2) I'm not so grateful to Jessica Alba and Tommy Lee Jones. There's an article in today's Albuquerque Journal detailing how the actors disliked Albuquerque. Well, excuse me! We don't like you either, Jessica! Tommy Lee, hmph-- everyone knows you're an old humbug anyway. Jessica said that we only have one good restaurant in the city (I'd love to know which one she liked) and T.L. thought Albuquerque was too noisy. Whatever. Actually, while I'm on the subject, why is Jessica Alba such a big deal anyway? Tabloids and celeb-magazines always like to paint her as this prim-and-proper lady, but I think she's kind of trashy. Oh no. Now I'm Perez Hilton or TMZ. Don't mean to hate on them, but actors are often so self-absorbed, it never ceases to amaze me (speaking more from experience with actors and actresses through work, not always because of media messaging, with this rant being the particular exception).
3) Also in the Albuquerque Journal today, an article about how a lady killed her baby by microwaving it. Isn't that awful? For the record, it happened a while ago, and it happened in Dayton, Ohio. Wonder what kind of restaurants they have there, Jessica?
Well, life is busy. I worked 13 hours Wednesday, and 16 yesterday. No joke. I expect to fall over from exhaustion at any moment, but I feel more prepared to do so now that I've stood up for the city I love and sung the praises of one of my most cherished friends. Maybe later I'll drive up to Albuquerque and take a nap somewhere, just because I find it peaceful and quiet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home