Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Day to you from a Happy Girl

Ah, Valentine's Day. Happy, Happy Day. I surely hope my other single pals (and quite obviously, my attached pals) have a wonderful day... though, let's be honest... it's much like any other. It's just that I worry about the chums who are worried about not having plans tonight and are wearing all black and making angry eyes. Take it from me-- if I can be super happy having just been trampled between the horses of love and lust, you can too!
This is one of those days to wake up feeling extra alive. Of course, my waking up was facilitated by one of my co-workers calling me about two hours before I even had to work this morning, but that's ok. I still feel marvelous. It's the last nice day before a big snow storm, so I want to make the most of it. I revelled in the fact that as a single woman, living in my OWN house, I have every right to listen to the Beatles' "Please Please Me" on repeat for an hour and a half, broken up only by going into my dining room straight out of the shower to pound on my piano. And I also discovered on my way home last night why bands play in garages. I know this must be quite obvious, but hello great accoustics! Today is a day to belt it out.
Wanna know what I'm doing tonight? Pretty much what I'd be doing on any other Thursday evening-- I'm going to the gym. And it will be luxurious, because for two hours I'll be doing something that really only benefits me. And then maybe I'll go buy "Becoming Jane" because it's out on DVD and I think it's a great movie. I'll be proud of having accomplished a lot at work and I'll plan my weekend, which I expect will hold a lot of excitement. And you know what? It's not a big deal that I probably won't get any big, romantic declarations. I'm still content reliving last weekend and planning another rendezvous. Life's good. I love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home