Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Something Good

I can't talk about it right now. Not in detail. But, my dear friends of cyberspace, I am blissfully happy. Like Edward and Bella reunited happy. Like Jacob Black found his Renesme happy. Like the world is scarier than it's ever been before, but I can face it happy. Sometimes you have to pull yourself up by the bootstraps and do it alone, and I tried. That took me a ways. But today I've got the happiness that only comes when you are part of something larger than yourself, part of a team. I don't want to jinx it. I don't want to jump the gun. This is teamwork with crews rebuilding whole cities after Hurricane Katrina. This is Habitat for Humanity. This is saving a little Ethiopian girl for 20 cents a day. But my hands are no longer idle. My heart beats with a purpose.

1 Comments:

At November 19, 2008 at 10:44 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

You bought a new bicycle! YAY!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home