Friday, January 16, 2009

Any Dream Will Do

Last night I had a couple of wicked dreams. I really don't know how the subconscious comes up with this stuff, but I was entertained.
First I dreamt that my friend Russell was over at my parents' house. My mom offered him coffee, which he did not accept. I think she did this to make him feel comfortable, but he got a little TOO comfortable. He stretched out on my mom's couch (with his shoes on! gasp!) and proceeded to cuddle with me in front of my parents (again, gasp! No PDA in front of the parentals, please!). It was really disturbing and captivating in a train-wreck sort of way. I don't think Russell is such a rebel in real life, so I don't feel the dream is prophetic. At least, let's hope not. No one wants their mom drinking coffee, but even worse no one wants shoes on their couch.
After waking up and realizing I had a bit more time in my cushy bed, I dozed off and was rewarded with weird dream No. 2. In it, I was trying to take my vehicle through an automatic car-wash/laundromat. Instead of a car, I was driving an over-sized laundry basket. I had a lot of problems, though. First, I forgot to put my code in the machine, and I couldn't back up because there was a huge line of cars behind me. A lady with huge blond hair who drove a red convertible was going to put my code in for me. I tried shouting the numbers at her, but she waved them off. She ran into the car wash and whispered that if I just push *39, I could get all my washes for free. I thanked her and she started the wash, but I had trouble maneuvering my car/basket into position. I ended up getting soaked and smelling like chlorine (no doubt this is a consequence of my recently chlorinated well water, which I'm having a bit of trouble with-- I was going to take a bath this morning, but the bubble bath solution turned the water a bilious green, which I don't think is a good sign), so I proceeded to the laundry portion of the wash, and took off my clothes to wring them out and put back on. It was all rather surprising, because I'm certainly not the type of person to just run around naked, nor would I ever get undressed in front of ANYONE, let alone a packed room, but my dreaming self was significantly less-inhibited. Anyway, as I was putting my dripping jeans back on, who should enter the car wash but Richard Kessler, a financial planner I worked with on our company's 401k and profit sharing. He was driving a golf cart. He pulled up next to me and said, "Fancy meeting you here." And then I woke up.
Again, I doubt there's much to this dream... I've just been annoyed that the automatic car wash at Phillips 66 is broken. And Richard doesn't even work with us anymore, so there's no chance of him ever seeing me naked. WAIT! That came out wrong. For the record, no one will see me naked in conjunction with work or any social function. In fact, I bathe fully clothed. I haven't been naked since I came out of the womb, and I was immediately dressed in a hippie dress and Rastafarian beret. Or a hospital gown with a pink bow glued to my forehead, whichever you prefer.
I may need to put more stock into the dreams of others. My friend and former seminary teacher sent me a Facebook wall post telling me she had a dream that I'd just gotten engaged to some tall blond guy. Though I'm not typically into blonds, I think I'd rather see that come true than Russell the Muscle up in my grill on my parents' couch or getting soaked at the Phillips 66 Car Wash. Plus also, I don't think a laundry basket would have much horsepower. My lovable and somewhat crazy uncle told me he had a vision of what my future fiance would say to me as he proposed. I think there are some things about my uncle that are completely whack-- like his fashion sense (white cowboy boots are never a good option)-- but I've never forgotten it. Yeah. Maybe I should save time and call Dionne Warwick and the Psychic Friends Network to get some real answers! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home