Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Should Auld Acquaintance Be Forgot?

It's not a question I'm ready to tackle right now-- and the truth is, with my Elephantine memory, it's likely impossible anyway. The crying report: None yesterday. Not at all. Instead, I just enjoyed a few stomach flips and flops when I remembered all the good kissing and such. I think that's a good way to remember a relationship of yore-- be thankful for the good stuff. There was certainly other good stuff, but the kissing was life-changing. Of course, it's New Year's Eve... so maybe I can squeeze in some life-changing kissing with someone else tonight. Just kidding.
Yes, the end of the year. I must admit, I'm ready. 2008 had some really bright spots: Donating 14 inches of hair to Locks of Love felt like a pretty big accomplishment. I paid off another big chunk of mortgage (well, maybe not a big chunk, but enough that I can feel really proud of myself). I got back in touch with a lot of people I love. I had my first official boyfriend and fell head over heels in love. I helped get my little sister married off. I bonded with my adorable niece who will be a whole year old tomorrow, and she's made me realize that I do want some children someday after all... I'm no longer afraid of babies, and THAT is huge. And I think I've helped people warm up to the idea that someday I really will name one of those babies Jemima-- you can call her Jemma if it really offends you. ;)
Still, I'm ready for 2009-- I'm happy to start this new year with unchecked enthusiasm. If Zoey ever will sit still for a nap today, I'll make a list of next to impossible resolutions but I'll be happy to just have something to work on. I'll start now. The biggest one is I'm going to be happy with whatever life deals me. I'm going to be like Fiona-- good at being uncomfortable, so always changing. Of course, that doesn't mean that I will be waiting to see what life hands out-- I've always done my best to secure my own fortune. I'll be out with the masses in full force on the 2nd at Main Street Muscle and Fitness. Zoey and I are going to Target later to pick up a new workout outfit. I'm going to focus on my spiritual health-- Paul and I are already devising a plan to keep up our new tandem scripture study that really helped us both over the last month. And I'm going to do something new and outside my comfort zone. I may finally take that salsa class at UNM. If not that, I'll find something. I plan on running in that blasted Pioneer Day 5k even if it kills me (and the altitude in Manassa, Colorado just might). And I'm going to find a way to become the Queen of Los Lunas somehow-- not in a figure-head sort of way, but in that I want to actually get this town going. We have enough people and enough money that we should have more going on than a couple of car shows and two shoddy parades a year. I want to make that happen. I plan to exhaust myself during Andrew, Nathan, and Kimball's visits, as well as my trip abroad. And I plan to fully exhaust myself daily with accomplishing good things. They're not really resolutions so much as reminders of the way I do things. I'm feeling recharged and ready to start again.

1 Comments:

At December 31, 2008 at 1:08 PM , Blogger Cindy-Rae said...

Five seconds? Sheesh, I've been sitting her for a half hour reading and haven't gotten past this month! ;-}

Our granddaughter Cami is growing her beautiful red hair out for Locks of Love. Three inches to go for her goal! It takes a long time! Good for you!

Awesome that you paid off another chunk of your mortgage!

It amazes me how much your sister looks like your mom.

Jemima is a wonderful name! I hope you get the chance to name a daughter that. I love it!

Salsa class sounds great, so long as it is a dance class and not a cooking class. But if you are going to work on that goddess thing - then you might talk to Kim Little about belly dancing! She took a belly dancing class and it was great! One of Bet's friends is a belly dancer and she told me it is the best work out she has ever had. She is a very good girl who is a very good belly dancer! YES - this is Sister Jones encouraging you to take a belly dancing class!

As for Mr. Auld Acquaintance, who, by the way,disturbs me with his making-out with the girl who is "not the one" behavior, sure seems like an auld acquaintance who should be forgot. At least by any girl who is not the one. There is an old superstition that says if you throw salt out the door and onto the path an unwanted person took as he last walked away, then sweep the path clean - he will stay away. Or something like that. I'm not superstitious but salt is a healing agent, and a covenant spice - so who knows what other powers it has. But I do know that prayer works and counseling helps.
I hope your love of life moves your love life forward in due time! Soon is nice too!

Take Care!
Lots of Love
Cindy-Rae Jones

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home