Thursday, January 29, 2009

The latest in a series of Embarrassing Moments

Last night's episode may take the cake-- at least for the week. Of course, this weekend I'm going to a "snow activity" which has wipe-outs and other such tragedies written all over it. But here you go-- it's good for a bit of a laugh.
So I was hanging out at choir last night, feeling pretty good about not crying or acting weird in the presence of my former, would-be mother-in-law (not that she ever really was, except I love this woman and would have married her son just to be part of her family), and just being my normal, talk-too-much self. My friend Michael came into the hallway, and I gave him my concerned, little sister look. Michael and his girlfriend had just broken up, as evidenced by his ex's new "single" status on Facebook. Things had been a little rocky for them for the last month or so, and the breakup wasn't really a huge surprise. But I was worried that Michael might be feeling a little down, so I asked him how he was doing since the demise of his relationship.
His response: "Oh, well, then I guess that makes it official. I didn't know."
AGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
That's what you call a big oops, my friends. I didn't think I'd be scooping him on the story, with the public declaration of singlehood from his lady friend, but I guess I did.
I really should have been a reporter. Or at least worked for a tabloid. I'm (unintentionally) cruel, but I'm good.

3 Comments:

At January 29, 2009 at 11:25 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Whatevs. That's HER fault for changing her facebook status before she told him about it. Also, HIS fault for not staying up to date on Facebook happenings.

 
At January 30, 2009 at 7:31 AM , Blogger Kris said...

I wanted you to know that I finally found time to look you up and read your blog. I was thrilled to see that you have a link to mine. I hope all is well. I am at home recovering from surgery. I am sure you gathered that from my blog. It was sooo nice to see you at Christmas. Your house is absolutely beautiful! Thanks for letting my mom stay with you. I will be in touch.

 
At February 7, 2009 at 6:29 PM , Blogger Sokphal said...

This entry is hilarious! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home