Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Flower Lives-- For Now

OK. I'm operating animal hospice here, but Flower, the miracle sheep, is still kickin'. For now, anyway. I still can't get her to eat or drink, but she did smell the food in my hand earlier, which gives me hope. Also, she was a little skittish today. It didn't offend me, because if I'd just had something attack my neck and legs, I wouldn't want anyone touching me either. Yesterday, she was so passive about letting me love on her. She usually lets me pet her, but not that much. Today, she jumped away from me once, so maybe she's getting her strength back. Or her resolve. Sheep don't have much resolve, though, so we'll see.
Last night in my scripture reading, instead of going on with my chronological BofM study (Helaman can wait a day, right?), I checked out the Bible Dictionary and the Topical Guide and read all about sheep. Also, I have Del Parson's painting, "The Lost Lamb," hanging in my bedroom. I've always identified with it so much, but I feel at peace, no matter what happens.
In the mean time, let's all give a hip-hip-hooray to Brecken for birthing another Cook boy! That girl is a champ.
And in other good news, Zoey has been about 95% angelic today. She wasn't too into taking a nap until I realized that she wanted to wear "Choo-Choo" (her Thomas the Tank Engine shirt), which she sleeps in. Ben says she has four of them and they are constantly washing them because she won't go to bed at night without a Thomas shirt. After I put her in that, she curled up next to me and slept for an hour. I took advantage and slept a little bit too. When I woke up, we were both all sweaty. Aunt Ashley's daybed gets hot with all of Z's toys piled high and deep around us. The good news is, her sweaty hair facilitated a really great faux-hawk. Wish I would have got a picture of that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home