Sunday, November 22, 2009

Aren't Weekends and Holidays Supposed to be Restful?

I'd like to flick the ear of the person who first purported that lie. Restful and weekend do not belong in the same sentence, unless we're writing fantasy.
I'm hanging with the fam tonight, which is nice, but I'd be happy to be in bed, asleep. It's just after 5 p.m. That's very sad. They're getting ready for dinner, and I am burrowed in my office tying up loose ends.
And don't get me wrong-- it's not like this weekend (or any other in particular) was bad, it's just that gone are the days of lounging around, watching movie after movie on Lifetime with the college roommates-- yes, we did that. Don't judge. These days, I'm gone for 13+ hour stretches. I return home highly satisfied, but not well-rested.
There's a fire in my pellet stove at home. There's a Netflix envelope calling my name. But Sunday and all, I'll first have to fold laundry, straighten the kitchen, wrap Christmas presents, change some light bulbs, etc. I'd ask for a vacation, but that would probably just end up being more work. Oh well. One day. Maybe that's what I'll ask for this year for Christmas. I'd originally thought a Ukulele would be great, but maybe I'd benefit more from one day where I don't have to do a single thing.

1 Comments:

At November 22, 2009 at 7:39 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

It sounds like you're doin' it wrong.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home