Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Thoughts from the Bath Tub

My life is so beautiful!
No, I don't have a date for the reunion yet, though I'm pleased that one of my 30,000 points friends did apply (and no, it wasn't Matt Lauer). But take heart, would-be arm candy. The contest is still young, and I love to give a lot of points!
Actually, I was having another grateful moment. This morning in the bathtub (I know, I'm like the only person over the age of 4 who likes baths), I did a quick mental review of happy things in my life. This list included:

* Last night's dream about a magical antique store operated in the back of a dry cleaner's in Albuquerque on Milwaukee Street (which, so far as I know, is a street we don't have). You could store your stuff while you thought about whether you wanted to get rid of it. After a month, if you'd not picked it up, they'd sell it. I got so many deals and found great, great things. It was pretty much the best dream ever.
* So many projects and so little time. The creative juices are surging. In fact, I'd better make a list of all the things I want to create, before I forget them.
* I love being my own person, and proving myself. The other night at the restaurant, there was a bit of time when Adam F. was not waiting on us. During a particular conversation, my sister discussed the difficulties of her "gifted" students (she's now doing a special-ed gig, which I think is amazing) and how they can be much more challenging than other "special needs" kids. I agreed and related the story of my former classmate and chum, Chris, who I'd found particularly weird the first day of 5th grade with his black-and-green, zebra-print Hammer Pants, purple and orange backpack that was nearly as tall as he was, and his Dwayne Wayne flip-glasses. I mentioned that Chris was a super genius, but came off as a little different. My mom countered with, "This, from the girl who used to carry a briefcase in 5th and 6th grade, and wore neckties and berets." Touche. Still, I'm glad I've long taken the road less traveled to the life less ordinary.
* I had the best day of my life yesterday, spending a good chunk of my time with Zoey, super niece of the world. We watched "Up" and she ate TONS of popcorn (which was good, because she pretty much lives off of milk, and occasionally, Pez). We colored. We played with makeup (heaven help her when she learns about Sephora someday). She used the big-girl potty and got a sticker. We sang songs and cuddled and took a nice long nap. She picked up her toys without argument. When I took her home, she was glad to see her mom, but she said she'd miss me, and gave me a sweet little kiss goodbye. I am in love with that child. And her smart little sister. Paizlee is already totally funny. I can't wait to kidnap her for aunt-dates as well.

And, while this wasn't on the bathtub love list, this text from Rudy just came in:

"Do u have a spider infestation? Cuz i either promised u i'd take care of it last night or it was a very vivid dream"

Oh, how I love that. Reminds me of the time I dreamt he told me about participating in junior body-building competitions when he was in middle school. We'd hung out the night before, and I woke up so confused, but convinced that the conversation was real. When I asked him about it, he looked at me like I was crazy. But I'm glad I subconsciously think of him as a body-builder, and that he would want to help me with pest control on a deep level. In the words of my friend J.W., "That's love."

PS. Don't forget to tell your friends, only 4 days left to enter the contest! Get your entry to me right away, and let's not disappoint my friends. Yesterday, Pam said "We know how much I love judging people." Don't let her down!
PPS. If someone gets me a date with Adam F., I'll make or buy you dinner.
PPPS. Let the official rules be amended to also now include a provision that I may use excerpts from applications on my blog. Don't worry. I won't necessarily identify you.
PPPPS. Jake has his application in. Who thinks Calvin can do better?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home