Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A Quick Love Story

If you want to know why my life is great, it's because I've got great people around me. Heavenly Father has blessed me immensely-- indeed, my cup of love runneth o'er.
So this particular post is a shout-out to all you wonderful people who reach out in love. If I haven't called you back or gotten back to the texts and what-not, it's not because I don't appreciate it. You know how sometimes you get tired of telling the victim story again and again? Yesterday was emotionally draining, watching the door guys rip out the frame. It was awful to see the exposed studs and insulation and Sheetrock. It was terrible to see the big void when the doors should be. And because I didn't have time (or knowledge, for that matter) on foaming the penetrations, I still don't have molding around the new doors and the molding doesn't match because I've not yet repainted them. What's more, my insurance agent (who is a wonderful man) did mention I'd be at risk of getting dropped if I filed a claim, which is exasperating. It's not his fault-- it's the system. But at the end of the day, I just wanted to watch "Desperately Seeking Susan" and go to bed. I love you, Aiden Quinn.
But right-- this is about love. Sokphal, I love you! Yes, send your Cambodian uncles on over!
Pam and Lou, I love you! Thanks for the good news, the laughs, the chat about Bob, etc.
Daniel, I love you! You are a GREAT home teacher.
Sylvia and Trish, I love you! And Uncles Jimmy and Mike too! Please don't be upset. This is not a big deal.
Facebookers, I love you! Aunt Bev, I love you (Mom and I loved the flowers!). And all you other folks who deserve mentioning, I love you too. But I promised to be brief.
Quickly, let me pay tribute to the man of my life, my little brother Ben. Ben is the one who flew to the rescue when the alarm went off (Preston Roberts, I love you! Thanks for watching my house, and my brother's as well-- you're the best neighbor in the world!) and the one who's been trying to protect me by building me a beautiful fence. Ben is the one who fixes things for me and saves my day. I love you Skye, for loaning me your husband because I don't have one. I love you Ben, because you are the best brother a girl could ask for.
Skye told me the sweetest story yesterday morning. I'd called her, trying to find out if she knew what had freaked Ben out at my house after initially thinking everything was OK. She told me Zoey overheard all the chatter about "Rachel" and she kept asking after me. Skye didn't exactly know how to tell her about the attempted B&E, so she just said, "Aunt Rachel's door is broken." "Rachel sad?" Zoey asked. "Yes, Aunt Rachel is very sad." Skye said Zoey then adopted a very solemn face and kept saying, "Rachel is sad." When they were saying prayers with Zoey later that night, Ben and Skye said, "Please bless Rachel" and Zoey interrupted (I'm sure God didn't mind) by saying "Rachel's sad" again. I love that little girl. Talk about being willing to mourn with those that mourn.
So I love you Zoey, and always have, but I'm warmed by your love. I love you Paizlee, for not pooping when I held you last night. We're making progress and you are my sweet little bean.
I love you Diana from Guardian. D works in the accounting department for one of our major suppliers. She and I were talking about an invoice and I mentioned I was on my way home to get my doors fixed. She offered to pray for me. I don't know her, but I love her for it, and I pray she is blessed in turn for her goodness.
You know, when hard things happen (and let's be honest-- this is a TINY blip in the scheme of things!), there is the blessing of people manifesting their love and having the perspective to see it. So it's worth it. But I'm trying to remember to appreciate and return the love so I don't have to have a mini-problem to remind me again anytime soon.

1 Comments:

At October 28, 2009 at 12:02 PM , Blogger Nikki said...

Thanks for taking the time to come to my blog and leaving a comment. You have a great blog with a lot of depth and I appreciate a girl with a little spunk in her for sure! :)N

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home