Friday, January 29, 2010

Flight of the Navigator AND Happy Birthday to MBP's Calvin

Remember that old show? When we were little and would rent movies at Valencia Video (I think that was what it was called), my little brother always wanted to rent "The Three Little Pigs" (Shelly Duvall's Fairie Tale Theatre version) or "The Flight of the Navigator." We also frequently rented "The Goonies." But here it is, four sentences in, and I'm already digressing. I was at work until 10:30 last night, so please forgive the former (and pending) randomness. I assure you, it will be worse than usual.
Anyway, the reason I was so late at the office last night (with a brief break for an Institute class) was because I was working on benefits administration compliance-- which basically means creating a census, which is a terrible pain in the bum. And I don't know why Excel likes to give me problems, but it actually went rather smoothly. I only had to re-do the thing once, which is actually not so bad. It's due on the 31st, but I just got our W-2s late Wednesday, so it wasn't really that I was procrastinating... babble, babble, babble. Anyway, it's done, and now I don't have to fear receiving calls from the folks at Great West, rambling on about "compliance" this and "compliance" that. Every time I hear that word, it makes me think of the space-ship in FOTN.
So, the long and the short of it is I finished the census last night, the year-end questionnaire this morning, and now I just need to run a few errands before this weekend's winter wonderland excursion with the peeps. I still don't know how long I will stay in L.A., but I am looking forward to couple-skating with a few of my little boyfriends tonight, and icing a few creepers. Must go have the tires checked. Must go to the thrift store for tonight's Ugly Sweater contest. Must nick some handwarmers from Daddums. Must make Rice Krispy treats, although there's not much reason for this, beyond liking to take snacks for my friends on road trips. Two years ago, there was this random little girl in my car who kept touching everyone's cheese and grapes, and it was really creepy. We didn't know her, and we didn't know if she washes her hands. So I think I'll make the snacks and put them in individual packages so no one is touching someone else's food.
In other news, I must now give a couple of birthday shout-outs. One is to my pal Kara, daughter of my beloved "Aunt Trish." Does that make K my honorary cousin? Hope so. She's a cool girl, and a super mom to her kids. I admire her greatly.
AND, in accordance with Jake's call for birthday comments, Happy Birthday to Calvin from "Confessions from a Mormon Bachelor Pad." I know, I know, but I love their blog. Hope Calvin gets some good birthday kissing in, and not from that married woman he snogged on New Year's Eve-- a great post, if you care to look through their archives.
OK. Onward and upward. Let's hope I don't break my face or any part of my body, for that matter, whilst skating tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home