Monday, December 12, 2011

Coming to You Again from On the Sly

Whew! Lots of paperwork to do today. It is a Monday, after all, but here are the highlights of the weekend:

1. I sold a bunch of clothes. This may sound a little dismal, and if you only look at it from the perspective that I was feeling particularly poor after making a large balloon payment on the mortgage, there is a touch of the Tiny Tim to the story. And my first attempt didn't go so well. I went to Plato's Closet, because cute little Shelby works there and told me they were buying. Shelby S. remains the coolest, but they didn't really want my stuff (too old-looking, too fancy, too big [!]). It could have been discouraging, but I'm happy to say I just moseyed on over to Buffalo Exchange where my cast-offs were treated with much more dignity and respect. And I got a lot more money out of 'em, too. The best part was they bought a lot of my upcycled lingerie, and I felt great about that. I got a fair price, I got a little more room in my closet, and I got my ego stroked as the employees oohed and ahhed over my goods. Loved it.

2. I went to a movie. The film itself was only so-so, but the company was terrific: Cory, Melissa, Spencer and... Louise Sargent! Yes, you all know Lou-Lou is in the Philippines, but we had a little holiday miracle and spoke on the phone just before showtime only to find out we'd be seeing it at the exact same time (even though she's 14 hours in the future). Lou is one of my number-one movie pals, and I ate some popcorn in her honor. Yes, L, ours was buttered, but the next day I was sick from it. Yuck!

3. Church=amazing. Many thanks to Nathan Rackley and his gorgeous rendition of "Beautiful Savior." Who knew that kid had such a set of pipes on him?

Tonight=River of Lights Round 2. It's drizzling now, and may snow later, but I'm over the weather keeping me in!

1 Comments:

At December 14, 2011 at 8:13 PM , Blogger Lou said...

I'd do anything to be sick from butter with ya girl!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home