Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Emails and Phone Calls

So, I promise yesterday's posts weren't really a cry for help-- well, maybe the one about the text enhance and the ads.  Still working on that.  I'll redesign when I get a chance.  But many thanks to all of you out there who read my ramblings.  I appreciate the love you sent my way.

A couple of best things:

First, a phone call from my nieces.  I LOVE when they call me, because they always say the funniest things.  Once, Zoey told my mom that she needed a siesta.  Seriously.  But yesterday they called because I'd left some Halloween costumes on the door for them to find.  Sylvia and I got them at a garage sale in Artesia.  Now Z will be the Candy Corn Queen and Paiz will appear as Belle.  They were SO excited about the gift, that I'm pretty sure babysitting tomorrow will include many conversations about how to appropriately accessorize. 

Second, Lou, I hope you don't mind me posting an *edited* version of your email to me this morning, but it easily qualifies as the BEST THING.  It is in response to an email I sent her about some of the difficulties I've had with a few individuals of late.  For those of you who don't know, my good friend Louise is a Peace Corps volunteer in the Philippines, and this came through today, just when I needed it:

Ok. Now seriously. I'm over this Peace gig. I'm coming back and busting knees. Let's play who would win in a fight.
Round 1 me v K. Easy. No question. K, I've got something to show you that's going to make you mad, then boom show him my fist!
Round 2 me v N.. Easy enough. Not even worried. Doesn't he have big ears or a nose or something, an easy target.
Round 3. Me v DK. I'll take him and all is ultra syllabic name on easy peasy. That being said having no idea what he looks like, but 27 months of peace build up!
Round 4 me v M. Dekilt him, job done.
Round 5 me v the world. I got your back.

If that doesn't qualify as THE BEST THING, I don't know what does.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home