Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Life Looks Like

This morning, the office was deliciously quiet. Not too many phone calls, everyone out but me. There's always more to do, of course, but I had a moment or two to think about my romantic life and appreciate what is proving to be a new year of Bohemian abandon.

New addiction: Pinterest. I'm happy to say I'm limiting myself to a few minutes a day, but since joining last Monday, I've made two trips to Hobby Lobby.

In Celebration:


My favorite local band, Le Chat Lunatique, released a new music video on Friday, and I gathered some friends to join me at Low Spirits for the show. May I suggest downloading their cover of Paula Abdul's "Straight Up?"


New Favorite Sandwich Joint: Prime.


The Kitty Kat Club is delicious, but share it with a friend, because like all the sandwiches here, it's immense.


New way of going back to my roots: The Holga. I've been a little distressed thinking I've lost my ability to shoot on film. I'd love a nice digital SLR sometime, but with other things competing for my small, small discretionary income (e.g., plane tickets to South Carolina and Seattle, a bike, a freezer, tuition to an online bridal consultant course, a gorgeous drafting table from Cost Plus World Market), I'm going small and trying my hand at film again. I'll let you know how it goes.


New place to hang out:




(My friend Michael loves power tools. I love light bulbs and spray paint. I think I have a partner in crime.)

New Year with Old Friends:

We've been going to Szechwan for as long as I remember. Much love to Ai and her family. Last night's food was phenomenal!

Happy Year of the Dragon, everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home