Wednesday, November 8, 2006

Liberation and Revelation

OK, remember not to judge too harshly.
1) I'm feeling very proud of myself for not making the title of this rant "So-and-so (using the real name, of course) is a complete ass." But defamation, slander, etc. (it can't be libelous if it's true, right?) probably isn't the high road. I still feel that way, but at least it's not posted all over my profile. Here's the deal: It's not even me I'm worried about anymore. You know how someone can treat you like crap on their shoe and it sucks, but if they start messing with people you love, you come out swinging? That's just where I'm coming from these days. I'm about to open a can on this particular guy, who by the way, is no Chevron, if you know what I mean.
2) Now this may seem weird, saying so many uncharitable things in the paragraph above, but I do want to say I feel pretty blessed these days. Being the Molly I am, I was reading scriptures last night and came across a verse essentially asked, "How is it that you forget God in the very moment He has delivered you?" Wow. That hit me hard. Here I was, feeling a little forsaken because things didn't go the way I'd hoped, and I realized that once again, I've been snatched out of a bad situation. I certainly don't know why a) I have so many blessings and b) why it takes me so long to recognize them sometimes, but there it is. I'm trying to do better.
3) Speaking of that liberation, here comes the next possibly-offensive musing-- warning: much bragging to follow. I have to say I am really great, and I'm not apologizing for it. You know, I've had a lot of great opportunities, and I'm really lucky/blessed. Not that everything has been smooth sailing, but I recognized I've led a pretty charmed life thus far. But I'm sure happy with what I've been able to make of myself with what I've got. As I told someone not too long ago, I am fun, I am smart, and I am energetic. I love life, and I make the most of every situation. I'm naturally loving and extraordinarily loyal. I really live up to the things I claim to be on Sunday—I do what is right out of love for God, not just fear of punishment. I am virtuous and I am kind. I am ambitious and helpful and submissive to proper authority. I'm carving out a great life for myself because I don't wait around for others to hand me anything. And I'm extraordinarily blessed—I know who I am, and I know how to treat my brothers and sisters. God expects a lot out of me, and I'm prepared and willing to deliver. And that makes me pretty pleased with my reflection in the mirror every day.
4) I've decided that I can be a little picky now, especially with the guys I date. If you are wondering, "Who does she think she is, and why does she deserve this?" see above. No, the next man in my life is going to really know who he is. Being good is going to be more important to him than being good looking (though, as long as I'm making demands, let's say he ought to have red hair and a good nose/mouth area, wear Chuck Taylors, and appreciate my Bohemian style). He'll help me get over my fear of Santa Claus and always have something interesting to say. He'll be a world citizen and care about leaving the planet better than he found it. He won't try to win me by playing on my insecurities. We'll work together for the good of the world and the good of one another. I deserve this.
So that's it. Anyone who cares to read this now knows the real me-- in all my indignation, self-importance, and demanding glory. Here I am. Love me or hate me, but this is who I am, and I'm happy with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home