Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Panic on the streets of London

Hi folks. You'll all be happy to know I arrived safely in London early this morning--very early by my normal time schedule standard. Right now it's about 5:30 NM time. Sokphal has let me nap on her floor for a spell, but I'm anxious to get this party started.... I have many European men to kiss, and time's a wastin!I imagine I'll write more later-- not too much to report yet. The flight was good, though I didn't sleep much. Got through customs just fine, and got myself on the tube out to Manor House without too many problems, though I told Sokphal I'd forgotten how American and European senses of personal space are quite different. On the way out here, I was uncomfortably close to a lot of people. I tried to remain calm, though normally I don't like anyone touching me at all (with a notable exception or two). Then after I got to Manor House, I took a wrong turn trying to meet Sokphal and ended up walking for ages and ages, lugging the 44 lb. suitcase (and heaven-knows how heavy the backpack and purse were). But it's nice to be here, it's nice to have a home base, and it's nice that we have plans. Today we're going to see Sharon Osborn, and then we're having dinner with S's friend who looks like Morrissey from the Smiths. I'm stoked. I'm going to try to motor on, and hope that I sleep well tonight. I need my energy tomorrow-- I've got a lot of shopping to do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home