Friday, December 22, 2006

The few, the proud, the 5%

I read in the newspaper a couple days ago that 95 percent of people in the United States have premarital sex before the age of 40. REALLY. I wouldn't have guessed it was quite that high. The other interesting thing is that this number extends to folks of every age range. The study was supposed to show how premarital promiscuity has changed over time, and it basically showed it hasn't. I was very surprised.
Now I'm sorry if people think I'm a prude (because apparently you can't even call me old-fashioned), but I'm happy to be part of the minority on this one (even though I'm not really what you'd call close to 40 yet). And it makes me happy that I know lots of people in this same category-- props to Ashley who gave her husband Aaron her "True Love Waits" ring on her wedding day.
Anyway, I just thought this was interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home