Monday, December 4, 2006

You're a girl and I'm a boy

I'm not really a boy, but I did something masculine-ish today. I helped unload a semi, full of fiberglass blowing wool for wall systems (you can get an R-23 in a 2x6 wall with blown fiberglass or cellulose, as opposed to an R-19 with regular batted insulation). My dad ran into a bit of a sitch when he had a driver show up with a couple thousand bags (at 30 lbs each) that was supposed to be here in 2 weeks. So my cousin and I, along with my dad's mechanic/handyman (random, I know) unloaded this beast. The best thing is that I'd gone to the gym already and had a KILLER GOOD workout, so pretty much I'm guessing tomorrow is going to be a bit of a sore day. Heck, tomorrow nothing. Every part of me aches right now, but I feel ok about it. However, I think I'll go back to my cushy "girl" job of being a secretary. It's more my style.
Oh, and because Sokphal requested the mention of some "other" men in my next blog, here you go. Lately, I've been meeting the nicest guys... my electrician, my cabinet guy, etc. They are all married. Hahaha! But at least it's a mention, right? No, the sabatical lives on, but I'm quite happy with it. It's a lot less trouble. And let's be honest-- when would I even have time for a boyfriend when I've got plans/obligations EVERY day? As I think I've said before, it looks like I'll be able to take a breather around April. April will be a convenient time for Mr. Right to come along.
But let's talk interesting. How about a house update? The metal for the roof is ordered, as is the pellet stove insert (GORGEOUS!). The wood-wraps around the windows are also up, and they are amazingly beautiful. This week, the electrician, plumber, and duct people are all working. I'm supposed to pick out faucets this week. The propane guy is coming by to hook up some pipes, etc. It's all just zooming along. I love going up there and walking through, imagining what it will all look like, planning the parties I'll have there. I can't wait to have guests! I even have thought of different things to cook for people when they come over. And most of all, I dream of that jetted bathtub, which would be nice right around now, being Little Suzy Sore-Muscles and all. But I'll be in soon enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home