Sunday, February 11, 2007

Stepping up production

This was a good, productive, and happy weekend. I like getting things done.
I visited my aunt and uncle and cousin in southeastern NM, and had a grand time. Auntie finds all kinds of furniture for me at yard sales and such, so I worked a bit on the refurbishment of a few pieces. I painted a buffet this fantastic green and re-covered some chairs for the dining room. Plus also we did a little antique-shopping and I found some new pieces to add to the ever-growing collection of Boleslawiec Polish Pottery. Spoko! Note: Anyone trying to get on my good side can start by giving me Polish stuff.
Then yesterday, after sailing home (I only did about 90 the whole way... back roads, you know), I got in a nice little workout and then had the loveliest time dancing last night. Not only is 19-year-old boyfriend charming as ever (despite the fact that he tells me he worries that I won't be able to deliver 12 sons because I'm practically menapausal), but also I found I was completely popular with myriad inappropriate men. In fact, today at church, a nice 18-year-old little boy brought me flowers for Valentine's Day. I was hoping that 19 would pick a fight with 18 in the name of honor or something, but no such luck. Well, that's neither here nor there. Back to dancing. I danced and danced. Went for a walk with my friend Mo, which provided a nice little break, until our friend Ivan told me he was going to start calling me "Poly-mama" because I'm always with another dude. Actually, I was quite popular with boys I don't want to go out with. One boy asked me out, but I already had plans (truly) and one boy with very good hair invited me to his so-called rock 'n' roll concert this week (alas and alack, I have plans again). But 19-year-old made it up to me by giving me a balloon, so the evening, on the whole, was stellar. Rounded off the evening by dancing to some Do-Wap (another favorite thing... I love do-wap. And swing-sets).
And tonight I started a new little business venture. I wrote a paper for my cousin. 20 bucks for a rhetorical analysis essay on President Kennedy's inaugural speech. I get an extra 10 if he gets an A (in the bag). It's shady, but in the future I think I'm just going to edit papers. Let me know if I can be of service.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home