Sunday, February 4, 2007

Wedded Bliss... And Relief

My little brother got married yesterday. I'm now the proud posessor of something I've never had before-- a sister-in-law. I love her.
The wedding was beautiful and the reception was a blast-- I danced with all my uncles. It couldn't have been any better, I think, but I'm pretty relieved it's all over. Who knew these things were so much work? I've been the wedding planner/travel agent/florist/best man combo, and I'm pooped. I dropped off my little bro's tux this afternoon after church and found he'd left an old pair of dirty socks in the bag, so they're in my purse. Gross, but I guess it comes with the job. Happily, the arch I decorated during the 10-hour marathon reception prep turned out well, and it makes me grateful for the two semesters of floral design at BYU. And I only had a few people say things like, "We thought SURELY you'd be the first to get married, Rachel" and "I'm going to give your phone number to my daughter-in-law's cousins when I go visit this spring," etc. Of course, now that the wedding is over, my parents are back to harping at me about not dating this guy they like, how I'm not getting any younger, and how I'm too picky. My dad thinks the nickname "The Shrew" is really clever as well. Oh well, I'm moving out soon. And my little bro owes me, so I'm going to have him weld a big pipe fence so I can lock people out when they call me by so-called "clever" Shakespearean nicknames.
Really, though, it's been a great weekend. I'm ready for bed, though. Goodnight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home