Sunday, March 11, 2007

Home of the brash, outrageous and free

In case you were wondering if I fell off the face of the earth, the answer is no. If you are wondering if I'm in my house yet, the answer is ALMOST! The weather kind of put us behind schedule (again!) but tomorrow my house will no longer be grey. It will be "Adobe Brown." The blinds are up and the carpet is in. I still have to hang curtains and get a propane tank. My pellet stove is being temperamental, and I need some molding and towel rods. The exterior lights must go up. And then… final inspection! And then… I can't even move in. This weekend will be dedicated to some volunteer work I signed on for months ago. But after that, I'll be nearly in. And then… it's party time!

Life is great. I've had a series of experiences recently that have caused me to do a little self-evaluation. I talk too much (that sound you hear is a chorus of, "Tell me about it!" from everyone who knows me). The upside is I usually am interesting. But I need more mystery in my life. I was hanging out with some friends the other night and pulled out my harmonica and randomly played a few tunes. The thing is, most of the people didn't know about my little harmonica talent, but no one was surprised. It seemed like the most natural thing in the world that I'd play the harmonica. And this week, I'm having dinner with my mom and about five of her good friends. We're going to a restaurant where there's a waiter I've admired from afar. It's a nice show of support from the ladies, but they're all keyed in to the ins-and-outs of my social life. And while I don't really expect to change much on this one, I think I'm going to make a few adjustments. Don't worry—there will still likely be the over-sharing we all love, but I don't know. I just feel different somehow.

Anyway, not much of note has happened recently. I did get a call from an old friend's girlfriend the other day. It was a little odd. She didn't tell me her name (he and I didn't really talk about her much), but she called to let me know he's in jail, and wanted to know if there was anything going on between the two of us. I'm not gonna lie, that's kind of a freaky phone call to get, even when you're a pretty nice girl who generally stays out of trouble. But other than that, life is floating along. It's scary, and it's fun, and it won't be long before I should have exotic locales to write from, boys to write about, and pictures of the finished house. But all in good time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home