Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Ring the Alarm

This morning smells like rain on pavement. Hooray for New Mexico summers. More excitement comes with monsoon season, but that will be here soon enough.
So I'm coming off of a really weird week, and looking forward to a bit of normalcy... I hope. I have plans tonight to spend time with some people I haven't seen in too long (which is unfortunate in most cases, and saved me some discomfort in one case). We'll see how it goes. I'm trying not to worry. And let's be honest, I don't really have time to worry anyway.
This week I'm just trying to enjoy the season. I used to think summer (or late spring, as we're not quite there yet) was my least favorite time of year, but I may be changing my position on that a bit. Even though I no longer have the luxury of several months "vacation," I'm still reaping the benefits. I have so much more energy-- probably because the sun shines so much longer. Everything seems more adventurous-- road trips, rafting down the Rio Grande, even dancing is better in the summer... there's a real sense of accomplishment that comes from dancing until you're just sweaty, even if that's only based 60 percent on movement and 40 percent on the heat of the room and all the people mashed in with you. And all my friends who are typically in school and are off or taking a lighter course load all seem much more laid-back, so it feels like everyone is enjoying themselves more. I even participated in a little water balloon fight last night. Autumn is my favorite season, hands down, but I don't get to channel that fun part of me in the same ways in the fall. It's rolicking good fun. It makes me want a popsicle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home