Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I wish everyone were 26

Being 26 is the best thing that will ever happen to you (except, I hope I say the same thing a year from now about being 27). I've been floating on Cloud 9 for the last 72 hours or so, and despite disappointment associated with my lover Ricky Martin canceling his concert and thus depriving me of those 4th row seats, I'm still living the life of a clam. Happy, that is.
Also, we can all rejoice. I must be over my breakup heartache. This morning I had an email from my good friend Melissa, expressing her solidarity and saying "the guy sounds like a jackass." And all I could think was, "Who?" Oops. Jacob is actually a wonderful little boy. I did feel a little odd at first, but I still adore him. That's the beauty of a fake relationship. That's why they're the only kind I feel comfortable with. So I love Melissa. She's completely loyal and wonderful. But don't worry, I love Jacob, too.
Speaking of all this loving, I've certainly been the recipient of a lot of love recently. For this, the most wonderful of birthdays, my friend Hunter organized the party to end all parties, complete with Polish food and games. I can't begin to tell you how touched I am that he'd take something so fundamentally important to me and turn it into a party theme. It was amazing! And so many of my friends were there, which meant sooo much. Just seeing Pam and Mel and Katie and Terry and Jess and Gabe and my sister and Mo and Aaron and Sam and Anna and Benson and on and on and on (if I didn't list your name, it's probably to protect the guilty!) was the best present a girl could have. These people bring so much joy into my life, I'm about to burst with happiness. I absolutely don't deserve all the goodness I get, but don't think I'm not grateful. Don't think I won't take it. I'm undeserving, but not stupid!
I also received some other very special things, chief among them was a tape of Hunter interviewing many of my friends telling stories about me. It was so precious. Now if my house were burning down and I could save only one material possession, I guess I'd have to give up my copy of "Knowing I Have Feelings He May Not" by Allison Ann Budd (a highly-recommended read) to save this tape. I hereby request it played at my funeral in 77 years. I hope they still have cassette players then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home