Tuesday, September 4, 2007

He's so Rufus

This morning, for whatever reason, I decided to clean out my inbox. Mostly I was able to delete without hesitation, but I reread a lot of the old emails. I found the experience very similar to rereading my journal from seventh grade... rather embarrassing, yet enlightening. I also realized that I must be pretty easy to impress. A little attention goes a long way. I had stacks and stacks of messages from the last several boys I've been most interested in. They have little in common except they rushed me with communication overload at first, and in my naivete, I found it intoxicating. I still really appreciate when that happens, but I think I look at it through a slightly different lens these days.
Anyway, life is super good. Yesterday was completely frivolous and enjoyable. I woke up early, went running, and then went to the zoo with Lou and Sasheen. I love flamingos. The girls were thrilled to see a polar bear dive into the water. Albuquerque rocks.
Then Lou and I dropped Sasheen off at work and went to T.J. Maxx, Hobby Lobby and Michaels. I'm getting some serious Halloween fever. A little pal is making a costume for me. Everyone cross your fingers. Then Lou and I went to see "Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End." I found this movie entertaining, but the ending a little less than satisfying. And hello! A little racy for a Disney flick. I think I'm also a little sad that the ride equivalent at the Disney parks is being changed to accommodate the movie. Don't get me wrong, I love Johnny Depp as much as the next goth girl, but still. I'm a purist. And while they're at it, bring back "America Sings!"
OK, so then we went to FHE and then on the way home I had a nice little phone chat with my dear friend Andrew, otherwise known as my hesitant fiance. We're still hashing out the details of our pending marriage, but I may be winning him over. He still thinks he and our friend Nathan have to join the armed forces and go to war. Well, ok. And we still have that escape clause for the next two years while Andrew keeps his condo his primary residence. He finally moved in last night, and I hope he found his own home as comfortable and hospitable as I did.
Other than that, I now feel compelled to say with vim and vigor (and sincerity) that my good friend Jen is the bomb diggity.
Yeah, life's good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home