Monday, July 30, 2007

Well, here we go again

Is it just me, or is the term "just friends" a little insulting? I really don't like minimizing the importance of friendship just because a relationship isn't romantic. But anyway...
This weekend I had a VERY brief chat with a friend I hang out with quite a bit. I've felt pretty neutral toward him for quite some time on the romantic scale (as evidenced by the fact that while I like him terribly as a person, I always found myself kissing other boys the very day he'd go out of town for some reason or another). Anyway, I didn't want to get into all the hows and whys (because I just don't like it when boys I hang out with feel compelled to tell me all the reasons a relationship wouldn't work out-- um, like it's MY fault alone something wouldn't work out) but I think we're both relieved that it isn't hanging over us anymore. It wasn't a break up, but it is minimally significant. I guess it's only a little disappointing that he wasn't even a chapter in my life-- just a footnote. Because if we're going to be "just friends" and not plain-old, I-can-count-on-you-for-anything friends, I'm not sure he'll even make the cut in the made-for-tv movie about my life. You know who will, though? Chevron.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home