Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Alanis Could Relate

Happy New Year, Chumlies! I hope it's off to a good one and that all the resolution making proves successful.
My own last few days have been all at once magical and a little rough, with a good trace of irony. Christmas, of course, was wonderful, and the New Year should be excellent, as I expect to be an aunt in the next few hours. Poor Skye. All through dinner we timed her contractions. While most families were discussing what they are grateful for and what they resolve to do in the coming year, we talked about centimeters dialated, mucus plugs, and a bunch of other stuff I know nothing about. Of course, there was quite a distraction when A PIECE OF MY MOLAR BROKE OFF!!! It's terrible. I was just eating and my bite felt a bit off. I went to floss my teeth, but didn't get any relief. Then a few minutes later it just came right out as I did the dishes. It's simply awful. It's in a tooth I had a filling in (the only one in my adult teeth-- and probably one I had filled when I was 12 or so) and now there's this jagged little spot where about 1/5 of my tooth is missing. How embarrassing! I pride myself on my oral hygiene. I brush my teeth about 6 times a day on average. And yet, here I am with a sore jaw (from holding my mouth differently). And worst, my dentist doesn't have an answering machine so I can leave a message and get an appointment for as soon as possible. Knowing my luck, I'll have to live with this for several days. However, I'm going to stop complaining about it today because it could be worse-- I could be in labor like my poor sister-in-law.
Anyway, there have been a few other little adventures over the past few days worth mentioning so at least y'all can have a bit of a laugh. A minor embarrassing moment: yesterday I was at Macy's buying some under-clothing. See? I'm too embarrassed to even say much about that. Of course, there was no one around in the lingere department, and as I walked to the cashier in the children's clothing department, she left. Anyway, I trudged over to the housewares with my unmentionables, and made small talk with a very nice gay man who showed me his bed-in-a-bag deals. That was a little funny, but not embarrassing, because I figured the man didn't care. But who showed up in line behind me but the very man of my dreams! And ok, I didn't know his name, but he was a red-headed Irish boy from Cork. He needed directions to Best Buy. And I guess it's not a big deal, but I know I blushed to whole time.
Anyway, the other thing that's been a little difficult is my pressure tank developed a leak or something, and I was getting no water pressure. So I called my well guy-- a nice little fella who looks a lot like Ichabod Crane-- and he told me I needed a new one. Well, here I was thinking my sixty dollars solved the problem, until I went to take a shower last night and had NO WATER. What makes that funny? Picture me in one of those green mud masks. Yep. I had to drive to my parents' house to bathe. Still waiting on water, still wishing I could talk to my dentist.
But, on the whole things are really nice. I had an excellent time dancing the night (and the year) away, and I now am the proud holder of the Kissing Kitty Award yet again. Thank goodness the tooth incident happened today instead of yesterday! Hahaha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home