Wednesday, January 16, 2008

My Exciting 2008

OK, so far, so good. 2008 has been rather magical.... Or at least, I plan for it to be magical. There hasn't been too much news in my life, but my friends have made up for it. Reuben is married, as are Casper and David. Anna had a baby this morning. Ashley got a puppy. Ben and Skye gave me a niece. Me? I'm kicking around the idea of going to a Willie Nelson concert. We can't all have everything. Some people will never get to see Willie live.
No, really, there are plenty of other things to look forward to, and soon. My aunt called a few minutes ago and invited me to visit her on an upcoming weekend. I really could use a little trip, and I haven't been to her house in over a year. I love it there, and it could be just the breath of fresh air I need (I mean, if you can consider air in Artesia fresh). Also, it would afford me the opportunity to visit Carlsbad Caverns... another place I've been itching to go for ages, but haven't seen in a decade and a half.
Beyond that, I'm planning on going on my first cruise this year in May. I'd been quite worried about how I would top my excellent birthday last year (thanks again to Hunter and Company for pulling that off), but I guess rooting around Pompeii is as good plans as any. Maybe I can round up some birthday gelato or something.
But I'm also just excited about the little things-- planting grass in the spring, putting up pictures this weekend. I'm resolved to dance more this year and meet some challenges that have plagued me forever. And though he's no Bob Dylan, I'm pretty excited to see Willie Nelson.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home