Friday, April 4, 2008

Samson

Here's something that gets my goat: People who think they can tell you what to do with your hair. Well, to some extent, anyway.
This afternoon (play the death march now), I'm helping my sister out by having her trim my hair-- she's in beauty school, and has to get so many services to fill a quota. Well, I love her, and I trust her (mostly). I do hope we can avoid an Uncle-Jesse-loses-his-mullet-while-Stephanie-Judith-Tanner-plays-with-scissors situation, but you know what? It's just hair. It'll grow back.
Of course, that said, I would really like to keep my hair long for a bit more time. I like it long-- I've only had it this long once before when I donated a ponytail to Locks of Love. That's the plan again, and I look forward to it. Still, I get a little tired of people weighing in on what I should do with it-- my aunt telling me it was time to cut because I look better with shorter hair; the two boys who both nearly had a heart attack when I told them my hair isn't going to be this long forever (one I used to go out with, one I plan to go out with); and my choir director saying my hair was jacked up with all the different colors. OK, ok. This is not Joseph's coat of many colors we're talking about here, people! All these sweet spirits meant well, but at the end of the day, it's my hair. I'd like to be vain a bit longer because I frankly enjoy people stopping me on the street to tell me how pretty my hair is (this is the only thing I frequently get complimented on, so I've started to believe it-- so sue me!). But when the time comes, I look forward to chopping it off at a moment's notice. When I do, that'll be that, and I'll probably start growing it out again, hoping to get another donation or two under my belt before I start going gray (who knows when that will be?).
OK, enough of the hair rant.
Every day I think, "Oh yeah, I forgot to write about..." and then I promptly forget what I've been pondering the last few days. Next time I'll make myself a note... I've got some good stuff coming. Really. I promise...

1 Comments:

At April 5, 2008 at 4:30 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

i love how you called all those "wonderful" people sweet spirits! hahaha oh rach! don't them get to ya! I love your hair.....and seriously she said you had too many colors in your hair? She did go to Ricks/BYU-I......can't have the colors in the hair..... -P Love ya, mean it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home