Monday, April 28, 2008

What's the Matter Here?

So I've had an exciting couple of days. I don't know how much to say, but I'm going to launch in anyway. Writing it down keeps the creative juices flowing, I always think.
First of all, the happy stuff: It was a really good weekend. I went to the temple; went dancing with Lou and Paul and Gabe and the cousins (and hundreds of skanky people at Graham's Central Station) and I worked on my yard. The yard work was particularly gratifying, though not easy considering I'd not made it home until about 4 that morning and then was up three and a half hours later to start my Saturday. I had to pull some weeds and finish spreading the rock around my trees. Then my dad helped me fix a sprinkler head and I leveled out the ground a bit. We planted seed and I spread a little topsoil/manure combination. It took a little more than three hours, but the results were well worth it. I mean, right now my backyard is still a wet, stinky mess. But I think in about a week I should be seeing a little grass coming up. And pretty soon it'll be a fairyland of Eden-like peace. And then just think of the parties I can have! Hooray!
Also on Saturday I hit a party at my sister-in-law's house and went to my friend Sean's wedding. The church was beautiful, the couple was beautiful. I just plain felt good about it. And then yesterday I was able to visit and catch up with a lot of people I haven't seen in a while. It was all very satisfying.
Also surprisingly satisfying is the new Sego family diet. So far so good. I think my pants are looser and I feel even more energetic than usual (as evidenced by doing major yard work on just about a third of my forty winks). Mom and Dad are really sticking to it, and I'm proud of them. Can't wait to hit the family reunion and have everyone talking about what a sexy family we are! Just kidding. That would be creepy, right?
Speaking of creepy, the weekend did offer a bit of the um, less than desirable. Again, I don't want to say too much, but here's the gist and the nub (thank you, Georgia Nicolson!): I had the most unexpected conversation with a man, expressing his kind and affectionate feelings toward me. But I'm not really flattered. More flabbergasted. While I appreciate it, I feel particularly awkward about it. Clearly, I don't feel the same way about this gentleman. Now, I don't really have any delusions that he's in love with me or anything, but I will admit quite a bit of discomfort resulting from his declarations. Think Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Collins. Yeah. Hoping to not have to deal with it and that everything will blow over on that score.
But, because no one likes to end on a downer, I'll say that my social life is generally quite improved recently. I've got a few things on the horizon to look forward to. I'm happy. And even if things don't come together just as I'd like, it's OK. Because I can always just chill in my backyard.

1 Comments:

At April 30, 2008 at 11:44 AM , Blogger Sokphal said...

I can't believe you have sheep. where have you been hiding them? What's next? Giraffes?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home