Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Another Reason I Shouldn't Be A Mother

Today I accidentally locked Zoey in my mom's car at the T.J. Maxx parking lot.
Fortunately, there was a nice EMT who was on her way to Shoes on a Shoestring. She was able to wedge her hand between the seats and have Zoey (who was incredibly calm through the whole 15-minute ordeal) hand her the keys. I couldn't get the seat to fold down because the car seat was blocking it. This is what we get for trying to get Z out of the house. She's been a little terror all day, and I feel bad to boot. My mom said, "Ben and Skye never need to know." I love my mom. And fortunately, there was only one person who walked by and talked about us violating the law or whatever. Because of course that helps. By the time the police arrived, Z was out and chatting in her little chattery chatter. And singing in Polish. She's almost mastered "Panie Janie," though she's having a little trouble pronouncing "wszysy dzwoni bija," but who wouldn't? She just gave me a hug and a kiss. She smells a bit like poo, but says she doesn't want her diaper changed. Her dad is supposed to be here in about 10 minutes. I might let him handle it.
The good news is, it's only 15 hours to my scary doctor's appointment. Pray for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home