Friday, September 18, 2009

Pre-Weekend Thoughts, Including an Embarrassing Admission

I should be on the road... I'm about two hours behind. Oh pooh. But I want to get these down before I forget, and who knows how much time I'll have to even breathe for the next few days. Here's the short-list, all rather unrelated. I'm not looking for meaning, exactly, unless someone wants to offer it. Just recording for posterity, and for the sake of enabling the voyeurs.
* I'm super mad President Obama backed out of the deal with Poland. My friend Eric (who is now, apparently, my fiancee in one of those "If we're both still single at 30" deals) made some good points about why interceptors in Polska aren't that practical, but I maintain Russia is whiny, and I feel like we owe Poland our word. I hate that the President is treating them like they don't matter. Treating a group as expendable after they've been so fiercely loyal to us makes me mad. And why shouldn't it? I didn't like bullies in school, and I don't like them now. Still, the world marches on, and I'm glad I don't have to think about this for a while.
* Speaking of my fake fiancee Eric, I could do a whole lot worse. Love him. We'd have beautiful, intelligent (and possibly militant) children. And they'd be funny. Hmm. Perhaps this isn't such a bad idea. I could live in DC, for sure.
* Still rockin' the sore chest. My dad saw me pop a couple aspirin yesterday and asked, "Headache?" Hahaha.
* I've got something very embarrassing to admit-- I just got another glimpse into how competitive I can be. I've got this friend, and of course we're linked up on FB. I stalk him all the time. It's not because I'm in love with him, but he consistently has about 17 more friends than I do at any given time. It drives me bonkers! I know it totally doesn't matter, but in my mind I always think, "Rachel! Don't let him upstage you!" It's the weirdest thing, but it really gets under my skin. I don't know why I think about it when there are so many real problems in the world. It's not like I'm in a love deficit. It's just that I'm always checking, and he's always winning. And by always, I mean I've checked about three times in our whole friendship. But I'm gonna quit. I promise. Because that's about the stupidest thing I've ever heard of, and wouldn't ya know, it's me doing it! And besides, what do I care how many friends he has? I'm the future Mrs. Eric Christensen! That's what really matters. ;)

1 Comments:

At September 19, 2009 at 7:38 AM , Blogger Grant said...

Hmmm. Yea some of those deals must be coming up to expiration. I thought most such deals had an exercise age of 35. 30 is still plenty young to find a husband the old fashion way. On the other hand, with so many deals in force, you could choose from among them and get a pretty neat guy!

I can't believe your boobicles are still hurting. That's not right.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home