Thursday, February 11, 2010

A Little More Action

The other day I tried to get offended when my cousin called me out. It was Superbowl Sunday, and I was going to a "reverent" party before the branch "social" (which was much more rowdy than just staying and watching the game at Katie and Rich's place-- cage fighters are rather tame, you know). I'd changed out of my new can-can-inspired dress and into some jeans, and Garret, "swine" that he is (kidding, of course), told me I was dressed for a booty call. Then he asked where two of my boyfriends were. The thing that is so offensive is that he thought there were only two! But you know me, I just can't get/stay mad.
I'm sorry I've been so boring lately-- I've just been tired! Yesterday was a busy one, as Wednesdays often are, and by the time I made it home, all I could do was watch "A Man for All Seasons" and make more flowers out of plastic bottles. My house? Still looks like Martha Stewart got mad and threw glitter and project remnants everywhere. Also, there's a lot of clean laundry to be folded because the Snuggle Bear is angry I use Downy, so nothing is put away. The Palmolive Ladies are tsk-tsking because I've not done dishes for the last couple of days, and they want me to soften my hands. Let's not even start with how Mr. Clean is gonna kick my butt when I finally get around to mopping.
Hmm... that makes me sound like I live in filth. I don't, of course, and perhaps I exaggerate, but the craft closet needs cleaning out.
Still, as demanding as that is and as busy as I am with work (because I got next to NOTHING done yesterday-- at one point, I closed myself in my office because I needed to send bids out to about 40 different general contractors, and Zoey couldn't understand why I couldn't come play with her-- she asked me if I'd been bad and was in time out), my latest concern is WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE THE PEEPS AND I GOING TO DO FRIDAY NIGHT? Tragedy of tragedies, the dance got canceled. That means no Clinton and the Stanky Leg, or Rudy and the Bum-Wiggle/Night at the Roxbury. I'm tempted to host something, but hello! My house is small (ish) and NOT in entertaining shape, and I don't want to invite a bunch of sad-sacks who are going to hate on Valentine's Day. Remember how I love it?
Oh, on an unrelated note, I think I just might have missed my last chance at happiness... again. Got an email from this dude asking me out, but it was for 2 weeks ago! Oops! How did I miss that? Oh well and tra-la. Poor little peanut must be crushed to butter! Just kidding.
Speaking of peanut butter, Clint has a terrible peanut allergy, and I can't help but feel terribly sorry for him. The only thing that would be worse-- a popcorn allergy. Do they have those?
In other news Jacob and I are working on our cuddling skills, I booked my flight for Mike and Melanie's wedding/Amber's graduation, Lou and I are planning on a movie, and my mum is stressin' cuz the cornbread she's making for tonight's CYA dinner spilled over in the oven and the homestead is a smoky-mess. I'm rather frozen because all the windows are open and the ceiling fans are going. Gotta run and help her, and gotta go sell some insulation. On the bright side, Steve told me Monday he likes the smell of campfire on a girl, so this make work out after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home