Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Potty Humor

All my in-school chums are getting ready for finals right now. No, I do not miss those days! I do, however, miss my friends! Just a week and a half to go pals-- you can do it!
Last night while Ashley cut my hair, Big Jake went to FHE for a mental break. He's writing a paper that's due at 4 this afternoon. When I talked to him about 9 last night, he'd gotten the outline done. Did I mention that it's 10 pages? Yikes!
Well, being the outstanding bestie that I am, I'd packed up some of my famous roasted vegetables for my favorite former-vegan. It would have been nice to get them to B.J. pre-haircut so he could have them for dinner, but they ended up as a 1 a.m. study snack, assuming his text message to me in the middle of the night was timely.
Regardless, Beej was in a foul humor when I dropped the vegetable goodness off last night a little before 10. Not in a bad mood, but he kept saying sketchy things. I think the fact that we can talk about pooping really speaks to the depth of our friendship and emotional intimacy.
We discussed his roommates and former mission companions' toilet paper issues. Specifically, that they never purchased any, and it was up to Jakey-kins to do it. And what did he have to say about it?
"It really rubs me the wrong way."
I burst out laughing, but I think it took him half a beat to realize why that was funny. He went on.
"But..."
Then I laughed again. He meant "however," while I chose to interpret it as the homophone "b-u-t-t." He tried again.
"However, I just think it's total crap that..."
This time he laughed. We both did. And we realized this conversation was in the toilet (ba-dum-bum-ba!), and so I left to visit some other friends and he went back to his paper. Sort of.
By the way, Pam doesn't think I should refer to Big Jake as "B.J." I probably still will, for simplicity's sake, but how I wish today for the sake of the story his name were Michael so he could be "B.M."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home