Monday, May 3, 2010

What a Dizzy Dance

I feel like one of those annoying women on the Yoplait commercials, but my life is so good! Perhaps it's the Lite Cherry Cobbler yogurt I had this morning? Probably not.
Recapping, last week I

* was on the world's worst photo-scavenger-hunt team, but Alex and I loved making fun of the way Kyle kept saying "de-lay."
* went to the best Relief Society dinner ever-- major shout-out to Arlinda and her helpers-- excellent activity, wonderful food, kickin' turn out. That's a touch of RS Bliss, my friends.
* had the nieces three separate days, and they were really good!
* read the most excellent book, "The Forgotten Garden," by Kate Morton. Read it! It's amazing and fresh!
* celebrated the cosmic event of my friend Katie's birth, and was so happy to realize we've hung out for her last four birthdays in a row.
* expected Nathan for a visit, but he had to cancel at the last minute. I took advantage of my time alone to watch some sub-par movies, but it was fun anyway.
* cut Jake's hair a bit. I was shocked when he just told me, "I need you to do this." I didn't bother telling him I'd never used a trimmer before until after I started. It was just in the back, and even though I think I might have messed up ever-so-slightly, I maintain it was his fault because he was wearing his lab coat and looked really cute. I hope when he's a full-fledged doctor he doesn't wear scrubs. It would be such a shame. Afterwards, he made me watch a creepy vegan movie (I made him turn it off when they started throwing live baby chicks away and slaughtering a diseased turkey), a Nigerian movie called "Baby Police," and part of some Bollywood film. Big Jake has the coldest apartment on the planet.
* saw some relatives at a baby shower, including one of my aunts who has taken to wearing a wig. She looked AMAZING. Best I've ever seen, maybe. It makes me want to cut my hair in the same shape, but I think I'll grow it out again for Locks of Love, so it's Rapunzel style for me for another couple of years.
* bought a mattress for my cute little antique bed that's replacing the spot where the loveseat used to reside in my room. James needed a couch, and I wanted to display my great find. Also great-- the guys at the Paseo & Ventura Mattress Firm, who appeared to appreciate me singing their jingle to them. They say no one else ever does, but how could one not?

All in all, nothing earth-shattering, but there were many pleasant surprises. I did have a very sad dream where I was engaged to my friend Dallin (yes, T, your former DY). As I explained it to B.J., he told me I have a lot going on upstairs, even when I'm asleep. I told him that's the burden of genius. ;)

1 Comments:

At May 3, 2010 at 3:54 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Engaged to DY!? wow! that's a strange dream! hahaha!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home