Monday, March 28, 2011

Crafting Happiness

OK peeps. Here it is. What I've been waiting nearly a month to write about. My new Yudu! Woot woot!Actually, it's still not technically in my possession. I've been calling Michaels every week, hoping they'd finally get some in stock, and today was the magical day. And, because I have to work (ugh, how mundane!), my mum, who needed to go to Costco, and thus Albuquerque, is armed with my raincheck and cash-o-la. Oh, tra-la! I'm so excited. Of course I need a personal screen-printer(!), doesn't everyone?


Still, it may be a couple of weeks before I bust this thing out. I have to finish that blanket. And finish editing my brother-in-law's dossier (crossing fingers for him to get a raise!). And plant my basil and "Envy" zinnias first. And clean the house from top to bottom. And get rid of my blasted weeds. And find time to practice running outside (because I know it's gonna be way different from the gym). Whew! I'm a busy woman!


In other news, sad mustache face:


Alas, there was no bashio for me this weekend. I just can't go downtown by myself, even if I am nearly 30. Maybe next time. Maybe someday I'll meet someone whose offbeat sense of humor matches my own. I stayed home and worked on the blanket. And the dossier. Ever try to edit a 30-page paper about a weight training class? I'll give Norbert this-- he made it interesting. But it is long, and the process itself is tedious.


One other thing worth mentioning-- Father's birthday was last week. Young Benjamin's gift to him was a flock of chickens. Looks like I'm going to spend my Tuesday afternoons this summer at the local farmer's market, peddling eggs. I already have a T-shirt design in mind to wear as a uniform. Oh, Yudu-- who would have thought free-range poultry could get any more exciting? Yudu, YuDid!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home