Friday, December 31, 2010

Did I Mention? OR-- All About Ashley(s)

I think I forgot to mention that Ashley (my sister) Garza colored my hair the other day. My sister Ashley is the most beautiful woman I know, and I'm so grateful she takes care of making me look better, and I appreciate when she lets me tell her what I think would look fun, even if she strongly suspects the results will be less than attractive. I figured putting red and blond highlights in for the last 12 years straight could be dragging down my look. So I ditched the blond. I think it's a little dark. The color looks a bit like that wild, unnatural red Eastern European women favor. Little, Old Eastern European Women, that is. But I think I like it.


In other news, it's the last day of the year. My little friend Ashley Fastle has been stressing over what to wear to tonight's dance. I don't think she needs to worry-- she's a darling girl and always looks really cute and appropriate for any occasion. We tried to explain to our friend Brandi why it's such a big deal-- Ashley argues that it's the first thing you're gonna wear in a new year, so your outfit had better be good. So after that conversation, I started thinking about what I should wear tonight-- I'll be manning (womanning?) the mint bar at Brad's dance, so you'd think I wouldn't get a lot of face time with the humanity, but I'm going to let Corey take over as much as he wants so I can go out and dance like a maniac. Still don't know what to wear, exactly, but Drew Barrymore is my current makeup inspiration:



Beautiful, beautiful Drew. Too bad her name isn't Ashley.


But speaking of beautiful girls named Ashley, my childhood buddy Grant married a lovely Ashley a few years back, and in a final 2011 shout out, I want to tell you she's a big-time inspiration in a lot of ways. A while back, Ashley shared a facebook note (I wish I still had it, and I wish I'd thought this out in advance to ask her permission to share it with you, because it's incredible) about a personal transformation she went through several years back. It's completely inspiring, and just the thing you'd want to read getting ready to make your goals for the new year. Trust me when I say there are beautiful people out there who are even more beautiful because they've worked hard and accomplished what some might consider insurmountable challenges. Good on Ashley Farnsworth!


Now, don't worry. 2011 is just around the corner for a return to my narcissism as you try to become like me. Just kidding. Milego Nowego Roku!

2 Comments:

At December 31, 2010 at 10:03 AM , Blogger Ashley said...

Oh my goodness--I'm tearing up after reading that! (And it's not the pregnancy hormones, either!) I'm quite honored that you think so highly of me... Thank you so much!

 
At January 1, 2011 at 11:55 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

you are so sweet! I love you Rachel and you did look so fantastic last night!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home