Friday, August 12, 2011

Weekend Plans

So it's Friday, and you can bet I'm glad the weekend is here. Things have been busy and productive-- my favorite combination-- and I'm ready for a change of scene. Not that my office isn't a cozy little piece of the insulation kingdom, but you know, it might be nice to spend some time at my own house this weekend.

So, what will I do with my 48 hours of "me time?"

During last weekend's tax-free holiday, I managed to get a couple of super-cute outfits, but I think they'll stay in a bit longer (or maybe make their debut on my up-coming trip-- definitely would prefer for my bestie and her buddies to think I don't dress like a slob). I could go out with a member of the YBC (Young Boys Club-- an affectionate name I have for all the age-inappropriate fellas in my life) and see Le Chat Lunatique again, but I'm sorely tempted to stay in. Why?

It's coming-- this year's Boho Babes Boutique-- We're calling it "Boho in the Barn," because this year's sale is happening at Aunt Sylvia's farm in Lake Arthur, NM. It's a gorgeous venue, a lovely time of year, and a change from the Sego Farm, which is now occupied by my cousin and his family.

The sale is the 2nd weekend in October, so I've got a lot to do. Aside from the typical weekend church activities and responsibilities, I planning on busting through the craft closet, reorganizing, and finishing as many projects as possible. On the to-do list:

* Wonderland Party Kits
* Vintage Hankie Scarves
* Edgar Allan Poe-inspired curiosities
* Screen-printed holiday linens
* Ephemera Collections
* Ribbon Flower Accessories
* Plastic Flower Mirrors
* Up-cycled lingerie

And that's just this weekend! As I have something penciled in for practically every day until the boutique, this is going to have to be a productive weekend. Gotta strike whilst the creativity is hot. If you need me, I'll be covered in paint, modge-podge and glitter, singing The Smiths and working from dawn to dusk (or longer). No interruptions, please. Little Martha has much to do.

1 Comments:

At August 15, 2011 at 12:37 PM , Blogger Christina said...

I can't wait till your boutique. Izzy and I had a great time browsing and she loved all the finds we got for her.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home