Monday, July 11, 2011

Dear Boys, You are Dumb. Love, Rachel

Remember a week ago when I was happy to tell you about how all the men in my life are great? Well, the thing you'll notice they all had in common is they were men from my past. The men in the present leave a little to be desired.
Oh, where to start? My social life is the facsimile of a sham, but I typically don't mind. I generally have a laugh and go about with my craft projects, shopping at Trader Joe's, and doing other things that make me happy solo. Quick TJ aside: I love that store for a lot of the same reasons I love Anthropologie-- it's just so sensually stimulating. Who would have thought one could say that about grocery shopping? But, I digress (as usual). Continuing:
Oh, you silly, silly, boys. Do you really think you can get the best of me? I submit you cannot.
On one end of the spectrum is the fella who calls himself the best-dressed looking guy around. He isn't. He asked for my phone number, suggested a change my plans, and then when I consented he'd made plans with other folks. Bad move, brother. Unless I see some flowers coming my way, you're going on ice. I don't think you'll like it. Ask the other boys I've frozen out.
On the other end? A nice boy I like spending time with, though I wouldn't call him a legit crush. Still, I gathered up all my courage and asked him to go out to a concert with me. And he didn't answer. So then his dear sister intervened (thanks AM). But when he did get back to me, the answer was 1. Don't know if work can be avoided on that particular day and 2. Can he bring some friends if he does come? I think I liked my situation a lot more when I hadn't gotten an answer. Picture me now beating my head against the desk. Yes, by all means, bring your friends I don't know on a date with me that you're not sure you can go on. The best question is, when can I ask someone else? Please, let me start the cycle of humiliation again as soon as possible!

1 Comments:

At July 28, 2011 at 12:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dearest Rachel oh how I am sorry for my brother. He is a lost boy I mean man who just is so oblivious and doesn't understand. I continue to work on him. Hopefully someday I get through the wall in his nogin.
And someday I know that that sexy man in your dreams will come and sweep you off your feet and take you to Trader Joes to shop and enjoy every moment of it just as you do. I'm sure of it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home