Tuesday, December 27, 2011

December Baby (Comma) You are My

And now, an update on how I've been spending my time:
Since the holiday extravaganza, mostly I've been curled up on my couch, in front of the fire and the Christmas tree I FINALLY put up, enjoying the lights and the electric throw Michael inspired me to get. I don't know how I've lived without one all these years, but Sam's Club has a good deal on 'em if you're in cold and and in need.
Hmm. Christmas was good. Too good, as usual, in the gift department. Amongst the favorites (and believe me, it's hard to cull out favorites amongst favorites)-- the ukulele (my fingers are sore, but I'm working on developing some calluses, because this instrument is wicked!), a hot-water bottle outfitted in a sweater, and a copy of Anthology Magazine. Don't know how I've lived without the latter thus far. I'm ready to subscribe after my wallet recuperates.
On the whole, I'm rather happy Christmas is over. I know that sounds Grinchy, but it's like I can finally breathe again and just enjoy the last week of the year. I have nice plans. For example, on Saturday I'll be helping out with Zoey's Birthday Party. What kind of party does a 4-year-old have? Fancy Nancy, of course. So I'm in charge of Charm School for about 8 little girls. Fun, right?
Of course, there will also be the Singles' Extravaganza Saturday night. I'm tired just thinking about it, truthfully. Don't expect a kissing report this year, because the candidate list isn't just bleak, it's dismal. Best kissing opportunity went belly-up a week ago Sunday when said chump made me cry and got bumped off my list and out of my phone (read: life). Que sera, sera.
Still, NYE remains one of my favorite holidays-- drinking sparkling cider with Pam, dancing like a dancing fool, staying out too late. Yes, this sounds like a typical weekend, but there's something magical and renewing about it. I've already started my list of resolutions. More on that and upcoming creative projects in the next few days. Right now I'm off to do a little end-of-an-era partying. Cheers, chumlies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home