Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Blog Virgin Politics

OK, Ive never done this before, but I think blogging is on my list of 2,001 Things to Do Before I Die from Barnes and Noble. As I let the B&N editors tell me what I should do with my life while Im trying to decide what my own dreams are, I thought Id give it a whirl. Besides, my good friend and example Sokphal is the blog queen, so here goes nothing.

So Im supposed to talk about whats on my mind, huh? OK, how bout starting for my supreme dislike of politicians. Its quite sad, actually. Youre reading the musings of someone who considers herself fiercely patriotic and idealistic. Id like to believe that people get involved with the political process because they really want to make the world better, and not just because they are in it for the power and prestige. Lets just say I couldnt even watch the Presidents State of the Union address last night. I opted for the Gilmore Girls instead.

Is it because Im ignorant? Is it because I want to bury my head in the sand and ignore the problems our country currently faces? No. Its because watching the Republicans jump up like remote-controlled toys with ovations for every other line President Bush says something they like, or Democrats smirking as they look for ways to spin the smallest phrases into something to fuel their own campaigns for this Novembers race is just plain sickening. I think the next candidate I vote for wont necessarily represent all my personal ideals perfectly, but Ill be happy to support them if they cut out the poli-speak and talk about issues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home