Tuesday, March 21, 2006

I spent six years on your trail

Anyone out there want to hear how rejection hurts?

Yep, you guessed it. Mr. Euro-Chic is NOT coming with me to the awards banquet. Am I disappointed? A little. I did already ask Hot Mike and he is going with me and we're set for a killer time Thursday night. But it still makes me feel bad. Actually, the thing that bothers me most is not that EC isn't going it's that it's taken him a whole week to say, "Oh, you know what? I'm gonna sit this one out." It's a good thing I'm fiercely popular and I was able to find someone else, huh? But in all seriousness, it does put me in a really awkward position. Last night when I called Hot Mike, I had to explain to him why I was asking him at the last minute. Good thing that's a platonic relationship to begin with.

Anyway, this is pretty much a repeat performance from the "Brick Stupid Dave Episode" of a few weeks ago. Is there a reason this keeps happening to me, or are all the men I know just weak? Regardless, I'm still that new, emboldened Rachel who doesn't take things lying down, so I took EC out of my phone so I wouldn't be tempted to call him, and I'm thinking about blocking his emails. And if this sounds harsh to any of you, just know that if EC is consistent in anything, it's his lack of consideration. Harsh, but true. Just ask Engaged Sean. He'll back me up on this one.

Let's seeany other updates? I fell down some stairs over the weekend and am kind of bruised up. It wasn't fun, but it kind of is comforting to have some kind of physical wound to go along with the emotional issues of the week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home